The Pocket DivX Player is a FREE Open Source multifunction video and audio player for the PocketPC platform that can play DivX, OpenDivX, MPEG-4, MPEG-1 videos and MP3 audio.
Thanx to the hard work and dedication of Marc Dukette and Pedro, who now lead the development team of the Pocket DivX Player. We finally have a media player for the PPC platform that we feel has surpassed any others that are currently available today. A special thanx to Oliver Drobnik, who was the first individual to start this project and to William Kinfoussia for all his help and support to this team.
Pocket DivX Player Features List
– 10-Band Equalizer with Pre-Amp
– PlayList Support
– PlayList Editor
– Web Streaming
– Brightness Control (ARM devices only)
– File Association Support
– Hardware Button Mapping
– Shuffle Play
– 90 degree Rotate
– 2:1 zoom
– Bi-linear filtering for zoom mode
– Dithering (ARM devices only)
– Fast Forward
– Seek Bar
– Volume Control
– Custom File Open Dialog
– Custom Web View Streaming File Selection Dialog
– Keep Alive for device shutoff suspension
– Play At File Open option
– Definable Caching for performance/power utilization
Supported Audio/Video Formats
– Video: Divx, OpenDivX, Avi, MPEG-1 w/ FFMPEG mpeg video decoder
– Audio: MP3 and Layer I + II Audio w/ MAD MP3 decoder
– New 10 band Equalizer
– New Preamp
– New Casio BE300 kit thanks to Cameron.
– New Performance improvements for all devices
– Improved streaming routines
– Improved caching routines
– Maintain last 5 used URLs in web folder view
– Added URL support for PlayList
– More performance improvements
– Modified display routines to center oversized video when clipping (zoom and some MIPS not done yet)
– Associated PlayList with Player rather than Editor.
– Added “.divx” file extension support.
– 3800 series IPAQ support added.
– Memory requirements reduced.
– New “No Avi Index” option added for reduced memory requirements (Little slower, no seeking)